Jazmin “Jaz” Almlie-Ryan has been affiliated with the USA Shooting Team and Team USA for over 10 years, starting with her first training camp in 2011 and officially named to the National Team in 2013. Jaz has won two Paralympic quotas for Team USA, the first in 2016 and again in 2020.
She was introduced to shooting sports at an event called Metal and Muscle Expo in Houston Texas where various sports are featured all at once. Jaz was there to play in a wheelchair basketball tournament when her last game was cancelled. With nothing on her agenda that afternoon, Jaz entered in the air rifle competition that was going on at the same time and won! From there, she was invited to the Olympic and Paralympic Training Center for a novice training camp, and as she says, the rest is history.
Tokyo 2020 was Jaz’s second Paralympic Games appearance. She placed 16th in mixed 10-meter air rifle prone and 17th in R4 mixed 10-meter air rifle.
Jaz enjoys playing different adaptive sports like wheelchair rugby and is known to clock over 10 miles a day speed pushing around her neighborhood. When not training, Jaz enjoys spending time at home with her husband Matthew and daughter, Rebekah.
- 2022 World Championship, U.S. Paralympic Quota earned in Mixed 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2
- 2021 World Cup Lima 4th place (Paralympic Quota Winner) (R5- 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2)
- 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games, 16th (mixed 10-meter air rifle prone), 17th (R4 mixed 10-meter air rifle)
- 2020 Winter Airgun Gold Medalist (R4- 10m Air Rifle Standing SH2) Gold Medalist (R5- 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2)
- 2019 National Championships Gold Medalist (R5- 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2)
- 2018 National Championships Silver Medalist (R4- 10m Air Rifle Standing SH2) Silver Medalist (R5- 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2) SH2 R4 Standing Silver, R5 Prone Silve
- 2016 Rio Paralympic Games Rio 2016, 17th (R4 10-meter air rifle standing SH2), 23rd (R5 10-meter air rifle prone SH2)
- 2016 World Cup Bangkok, 4th Place (R4); 6th Place (R5)
- Earned a Paralympic Quota for United States in November 2015
- 2015 World Cup USA, Gold Medalist (R5); 8th Place (R4)
- 2014 National Championships, Silver Medalist (R5)