Joseph B. Berry
Hall of Fame
Berry was a combat veteran of two wars. He served with the 85th Infantry Regiment, 10th Mountain Division during World War II and the 32nd Infantry Regiment, Seventh Infantry Division during the Korean War. His awards include the Combat Infantry Badge with star and the U.S. Army Distinguished Rifleman Badge (1956).
His shooting career included winning the "All" Army Rifle Championship in 1957, a firing member of the winning National Trophy Rifle Team in 1957, and assigned to the Service Rifle Section of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit from 1961 to 1962.
- Manager of the U.S. Army Reserve Marksmanship Program, 1968-1985
- Member of the U.S. Olympic Shooting Committee, 1967-1976
- Director of the U.S. Shooting Team, 1980-1983 and 1994-95
- World Championships Team Leader, 1974, 1978, 1986
- World Cup Finals - Gold, 1988
- Pan Am Games Team Leader, 1975, 1979, 1983
- Championships of the Americas Team Leader, 1977